A Beautiful Water Garden Made Easy
A water display in the yard, garden fountains, or patio fountains turn the yard from ordinary to special. Scientists deduce that we humans began as water creatures and evolved to hunters who speared fish in the water. Hence our eager desire to be around water and to skip rocks. A child will be drawn to the water’s edge to start throwing rocks. People are drawn to water.
Top Rated Outdoor Water Fountains in 2024
Rating is 5 out of 5
Gardenfans 5-Tier Outdoor Water Fountain Resin Fountain Decor with LED Lighting Natural Polyresin Looking Stone Decor for Garden Patio Fold Court Yard Deck 12.99〃 L x 13.78〃 W x 39.76〃 H
- Fountain dimensions: 12.99" L x 13.78" W x 39.76" H.
- Material: Polyresin. Weatherproof. Pump Included. Adjustable Valve. 4 LED Lights（4*1LED）.
- Length:(water pump line) 1.83m;(connection length)2m;(lamp line)1*1m,3*0.6m;Required Tubing Diameter:0.59".
- Transformer:input:120VAC 60HZ 9W / output:12VAC 200MA Pump:120V/0.195A /60HZ/158.5 gph
Rating is 4.9 out of 5
Lamps Plus Stafford Italian Outdoor Floor Water Fountain 48" High Three Tiered for Yard Garden Patio Deck Home - John Timberland
- 48" high x 23" wide. Holds 7 gallons of water. Weighs 30 lbs.
- Three tier design, traditional fountain style. From the John Timberland brand.
- Position in a garden or yeard area. Large fountain design can also be used indoors or in courtyards.
- Sandstone faux stone finish. Lightweight fiberglass construction.
- Comes with a water pump and 6-foot long cord. Ships in multiple pieces, light assembly required.
Rating is 4.8 out of 5
Agoodping 40" 4-Tier Pots Outdoor Garden Water Fountain - Outdoor Water Fountain for Yard, Floor Patio, Backyard and Home Art Decor
- POURING POTS FOUNTAIN: Outdoor fountain is the perfect addition to your decor. Interior pump keeps the water flowing - just plug it in!
- RELAXING WATER FLOW: Water trickles down through pots to mimic the sounds of a real waterfall, Built-in LED lights in the lower three basins,illuminates the rustic bowl fountain and water flow day and night,adding peaceful ambiance to your home or yard
- NATURAL LOOK: Realistic stone rock tower brings a touch of natural beauty to your space
- DURABLE: Fiberglass construction is rust and weather-resistant to keep your outdoor fountain looking new overtime,Comes with a plug-in water pump.
Rating is 4.7 out of 5
Sunnydaze Stacked Slate Outdoor Water Fountain - Large Freestanding Outside Floor Waterfall Fountain Feature for Garden, Backyard, Patio, Porch, or Yard - 49 Inch Tall
- Perfect landscape size: Garden fountain measures 20 inches wide x 12 inches deep x 49 inches tall, weighs 98 pounds; Stunning outdoor decor centerpiece will add beauty and grace to any yard
- Beautiful and durable slate design: Outdoor fountain is made from top quality natural slate for long-lasting beauty, strength, and stability; Classic design adds style to any space with its elegant presence
- Soothing water sounds: Water flows out the top and smoothly glides and cascades down each tier with pronounced sounds, creating a gorgeous waterfall centerpiece; Enjoy the relaxation and tranquility this decorative piece offers on the deck, lawn, or landscape
- Easy to set up: Backyard water feature is easy to assemble and plugs into any standard electrical outlet; Comes with an electric Skyish TP-750 submersible water pump, decorative rocks, and protective foot pads
Rating is 4.6 out of 5
John Timberland Modern Sphere Zen Outdoor Floor Water Fountain 39 1/2" with LED Light for Exterior Garden Yard Lawn
- 39 1/2" high x 16 1/2" wide x 18" deep. Holds 5 to 6 gallons. Weighs 32 lbs.
- Modern Sphere Zen fountain with built-in light, by John Timberland.
- Faux stone finish. Lightweight resin construction.
- Easy to move and position. Can be used inside or outdoors.
- Plug-in fountain design. Comes with water pump, LED lights, and 6-foot long cord.
Rating is 4.5 out of 5
Rustic Floor Water Fountain Three Jugs Cascading 33" High Indoor Outdoor for Yard Garden Lawn - John Timberland
- 33" high x 14" wide x 13" deep. Weighs 18 lbs.
- Rustic fountain from John Timberland. Water cascades down three levels, creating a soothing, relaxing sound.
- Can be used as an outdoor fountain in a patio or garden, or place indoors.
- Faux stone, ceramic, and wood finishes. Lightweight cast resin construction.
- Includes fountain water pump and 9-foot cord. Easy set-up and use.
Rating is 4.4 out of 5
Valentinyii Outdoor Water Fountain with LED Lights - 40 Inches High 4-Tier Stacked Simulated Rock Water Fountain - Soothing and Relaxation Waterfall Fountain for Garden Patio Fold Court Yard Deck
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS - 13 inches wide x 17 inches deep x 40 inches high, the ideal size for your home, garden, indoor or outdoor decoration. Includes one submersible electric water pump and one long power cord.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - This garden water fountain is made from lightweight polyresin with fiberglass, more sturdy and longer lasting.
- NATURAL APPEARANCE - This water feature is designed with simulated rocks, and build-in led lights, gives a natural and beautiful look. Makes your garden more vivid and serene.
- SOOTHE & RELAX - with this lifelike rock outdoor water fountain, enjoy the serene ambience, and bring the relaxation and calmness to your home. And let the soothing sounds of the running water release all your stress away.
Rating is 4.3 out of 5
John Timberland Water Lilies and Cat Tails Modern Outdoor Floor Fountain 33" High Cascading for Yard Garden Patio Deck Home Relaxation
- 33" high x 16" wide. Holds approximately 4 to 5 gallons of water. Weighs 20 lbs.
- Water lily flower and cat tails fountain by John Timberland. Can be used outside or indoors.
- Includes real river rocks for lower basin that you can arrange as you wish.
- Copper finish leaves and reeds with aged copper finish base. Lightweight cast resin construction.
- Comes with water fountain pump and a 10-foot long cord. Easy to set up and use.
Rating is 4.2 out of 5
GF Gardenfans Natural Looking Stone Fountain Outdoor Water Fountain with LED Lights Resin Fountain Decor for Garden Patio Fold Courtyard Deck 16.5〃 L x 12.5〃 W x 39.5〃 H
- Fountain dimensions: 16.5〃 L x 12.5〃 W x 39.5〃 H
- Material: Polyresin. Weatherproof. Pump Included. Adjustable Valve. 3 LED Lights（3*6LED）.
- Length：（water pump line） 1.83m；（connection length）2m；（lamp line）3*0.6m；Required Tubing Diameter: 0.98".
- Transformer：input：120VAC 60HZ 9W /output：12VAC 300MA Pump：120V/0.24A /60HZ/290.59 gph
How does an outdoor water fountain work?
Making a simple water fountain anywhere is figuring out how to move an amount of water around in a circle, from the bowl through the fountain mouth and back into the bowl or to operate features. Several items are necessary, a bowl, a pump, and tubes to pass the water through. That’s it.
A simple fountain outside requires some way to operate the pump, solar power, battery-powered or electrical connection. A fountain requires that the water be lifted out of the pond and up to be forced into a fountain display or to run over something and back into the pond. The pond may be a simple bowl or a birdbath that will be changed into a fountain. Some fountains can be lighted the lighted features making the fountain an evening feature.
It is necessary that everything needs to be sealed, including the tubes where they go into and out of the fountain features. If these are not sealed, water will leak back.
How can I make a simple outdoor fountain?
We are looking at small garden fountains for the yard. If we are design motivated, we can design one for ourselves. But we are talking easy. So find a fountain on the market, a traditional or a modern design, usually concrete or fiberglass. Go to a floral or water supply market. I found a fountain at the thrift store but had to buy my own motor and figure out how to get it to work.
The fountain simply recirculates water, sweeping it up and out, to return it to a container pond. For this, it needs a pump that is always working as long as the water is to continue moving, electricity, or solar fountains.
Two problems for even a small pump are from the build-up of chemicals from the water on the bowl and in the nozzles of the pump and the other problem is the noise level of the pump. If the pump does not have enough water, low water causes the pump to be under a strain that makes ugly noises, not the pretty sound of water trickling over the top, but an annoying noise that causes people to turn water features off. The pump will eventually fail under this strain.
Not much gets rid of the chemical trash that builds on the display and around the nozzle. The best way to remove this crud I have found so far is sandpaper for the taping of drywall. It will remove the mess with a little scrubbing without damaging the container. Other chemicals found in the supermarket don’t work.
Where do you want the fountain to be placed? It should be near a water supply so the fountain can be refilled constantly, every day in the heat of summer. The fountain needs to be steady on the ground, often requiring concrete blocks beneath it to keep it balanced and simple. Patio fountains may be easy to find some stable spot. Sometimes it is possible to use a huge flat rock or sturdy place in the yard.
Do outdoor water fountains need electricity
Outside electricity may be difficult to find for the fountain. Solar fountains are simple for this problem. The fountain needs to be near a plug or electrical supply or the fountain needs to have an electrical line hidden and a tunnel dug and hidden underground. There can be no chance that people will trip over the line. If it is a solar-powered pump the solar panel will most likely be on a spike near the fountain. Still, the pump needs electricity if it is larger and needs more pressure to move a greater amount of water pushed uphill, which is standard. The display must push water uphill.
For small fountains and keeping it simple, a solar or battery-powered pump will do the trick. Any fountain larger must have the pressure needs calculated to be sure enough pressure is supplied. This can be calculated at the pump store or even on the computer.