A push mower typically costs between $50 to $400, depending on various factors such as brand, size, features, and quality. The most basic push mowers can be found at the lower end of the price range, usually around $50 to $100. These models are often manual push mowers without any additional features.
As you move towards the mid-range prices, which range from $100 to $250, you can find push mowers with more advanced features such as adjustable cutting height, larger cutting width, and a collection bag for grass clippings. These mowers may have a better build quality and offer enhanced convenience.
At the higher end of the price range, typically above $250, you can find premium push mowers known for their durability and performance. These models might include additional features like self-propulsion, electric start, mulching capability, and sometimes even a rear-wheel drive system. They are often designed to handle larger yards and offer increased ease of use and cutting efficiency.
It's worth noting that prices may vary depending on the region and availability. Additionally, factors like special promotions, sales, or discounts can also impact the cost. It's recommended to explore different models, read reviews, compare prices, and select a push mower that suits both your budget and specific requirements.
Best Push Lawn Mowers of 2023
Rating is 5 out of 5
YARDMAX 21 in. 170cc 2-in-1 Gas Walk Behind Push Lawn Mower with High Rear Wheels
- Single-lever deck adjustment for quickly setting your mow height
- MAXFlow Deck Technology – volute spiral deck design for better airflow and mulching
- Heavy-duty, 16-gauge stamped steel deck
- Durable, one-piece seamless steel deck reduces vibration
- Seven cutting heights from 1.25″ to 3.75″
- Double-ball-bearing wheels for easy, smooth mowing with less pushing effort
- Adjustable, durable 3-position handle height
- Folds for space-saving storage
- 7 in. front and 11 in. rear wheels for stability and control
Rating is 4.9 out of 5
PowerSmart Gas Lawn Mower 21 Inch 2-in-1 with 144CC 4-Stroke Engine, Push Mower Gas Powered DB2321CR
- 144CC OHV ENGINE: reliable engine, recoil starter for easy start, forced air cooling system continuously deliver unbeatable grass cutting effect.
- 21 INCH CUTTING DECK: patented cutting system with 21 inch cutting deck, wider mowing path helps you trim sizable yard fast.
- 2-IN-1 PUSH MOWER: side-discharge easily pass thick grasses for quickest mowing, mulching lawn mower minces grass into super-fine bits for recycle.
- GRASS HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE: 6 positions for adjust cutting height from 1.5" to 3.9", suitable for all kinds of grasses.
Rating is 4.8 out of 5
BILT HARD Gas Lawn Mower 20 inch, 2 in 1 170cc 4-Stroke OHV Engine Cordless Lawnmower, 8 Adjustable Cutting Heights Push Mowers for Lawn, Yard and Garden
- Auto Choke Engine - 170cc 4-stroke OHV engine, 6.5 ft.lb torque, 20 inch cutting deck.
- Cutting Height - 8-position single lever four-wheel synchronized height adjustment from 1.2" to 3.2".
- Mowing Convenience - 7" rear/6“ front double ball-bearing wheels achieve smooth movement, comfortable foam-wrapped angled grip eliminates grasp fatigue.
- Durable Cutting Deck: 20" cutting deck and specialized blade delivering a clean, even cut. Enjoy years of high efficient mowing with superior cutting quality
Rating is 4.7 out of 5
Greenworks 40V 16" Cordless (Push) Lawn Mower (75+ Compatible Tools), 4.0Ah Battery and Charger Included
- CORDLESS LAWN MOWER – Get more done, faster, with Greenworks electric lawn mowers. This 40v push lawn mower provides the power you need with up to 45 minutes of runtime on a fully charged 4.0Ah battery. The battery completely charges in 120 minutes.Brushless motor : No
- LIGHTWEIGHT, EASY TO USE – A lightweight 16” cutting deck allows for easy maneuvering through small to medium yards (up to ½ acre) more efficiently. Easy push button start and lighter weight make it a great choice for your lawn.
- VERSATILE – Battery powered lawn mower has a single lever 5-position height adjustment with a cutting height range from 1-1/4" to 3-3/8" for the best cut in all environments. The 2-in-1 feature offers versatile use with mulching and rear bagging options.
- MAINTENANCE FREE – This walk behind lawn mower is virtually maintenance free, with no gas, no oil and no emissions. It starts instantly and is quiet but delivers gas-like power for your toughest projects.
Rating is 4.6 out of 5
Yard Machines 11A-02BT729 20-in Push Lawn Mower with 125cc Briggs & Stratton Gas Powered Engine, Black and Red
- A 125cc OHV Briggs & Stratton engine delivers reliable power to quickly tackle your yard
- Push mower ideal for small yards with minimal obstacles
- 20-in. deck with side discharge to efficiantly spread grass clippings
- 7-in wheels provide reliable traction to navigate your yard
- Choose from 3 cutting heights
Rating is 4.5 out of 5
BLACK+DECKER Electric Lawn Mower, 10-Amp, Corded (BEMW472BH)
- Lightweight corded electric mower gasless 10 Amp 15 inch electric mower for powering through rough grass.Ideal for 1/8 acre.Voltage : 120 V. Product Application : Cleaning.
- Comfort grip bike handlebar design reduces friction and enhances maneuverability for small lawns
- Enhanced clipping collection winged blade yields 30% better clipping collection
- Push button start no-hassle startup easy-to- use features
- Adjustable cutting height 6 adjustable cutting heights ranging from 1 inch to 3 inch
Rating is 4.4 out of 5
CRAFTSMAN Gas Powered Lawn Mower, 21-inch Push Mower, 140cc (M105)
- POWERFUL ENGINE: 140cc BRIGGS & STRATTON engine with auto-choke
- MOWING CONVENIENCE: 21 in., 3-in-1 convertible deck lets you side discharge, mulch, or rear bag grass clippings
- CLIPPING COLLECTION: Rear bag collects grass clippings for easy cleanup or composting
- HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT: Dual-lever, 6-position height adjustment makes it easy to change cutting heights from 1.25 in. to 3.75 in. high
- COMFORT: Adjustable loop handle for comfort while mowing. MULCH KIT: Included to help put nutrients back into soil for a healthy lawn
Rating is 4.3 out of 5
BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 String Trimmer/Edger & Lawn Mower, 6.5-Amp, 12-Inch, Corded (MTE912) (Power cord not included), Black/Red
- 3N1 DESIGN – Electric mower easily converts to string trimmer and edger via a built-in foot pedal for versatile use.
- 6.5 AMP MOTOR – Supplies the ideal amount of power when trimming grass, weeds, and overgrowth.
- GEAR DRIVE TRANSMISSION – For tackling tougher, thicker grass without getting bogged down.
- AFS AUTOMATIC FEED SPOOL – Continuously feeds trimmer line without bumping for seamless, uninterrupted trimming.
- ADJUSTABLE MOWER DECK AND TRIMMER HANDLE – Lawn mower deck and string trimmer handle are adjustable for ideal grass- cutting height and added comfort.
- CORDED – Corded design offers unlimited runtime for even the biggest jobs.
- INCLUDES – (1)GH912 trimmer/edger, (1) MTD100 detachable mower deck, (1) AF-100 spool, (1) auxiliary handle, (1) guard.
- Note: Item requires power cord. Power cord not included
Are push mowers with features like a washout port more expensive?
Push mowers with features like a washout port can vary in price depending on the brand, model, and other additional features. Generally, mowers with additional features tend to be slightly more expensive than basic models. However, the price difference may not be significant, and it ultimately depends on the specific mower you are considering. It is advisable to compare prices and features from different brands and models to find the best option within your budget.
How expensive can push mowers be?
Push mowers can vary greatly in price depending on several factors, such as brand, features, quality, and size. On the lower end, basic and budget-friendly push mowers can range from around $100 to $200. However, there are also higher-end options available that can be quite expensive. Premium push mowers with advanced features, better build quality, larger cutting decks, or specialized models can cost anywhere from $300 to $1,000 or even more. Additionally, commercial-grade push mowers used by professional landscapers can be priced well above $1,000. Ultimately, the price of a push mower depends on the specific model and its features, so there is a wide range of options to fit different budgets.
How much does it cost to maintain a push mower?
The cost of maintaining a push mower can vary depending on the specific model, brand, and location. However, here are some common maintenance costs associated with a push mower:
- Blades: Push mowers typically require blade sharpening or replacement periodically. The cost of sharpening a blade can range from $10 to $30, while the cost of a new blade can be around $20 to $50.
- Oil Change: Regular oil changes are essential for maintaining the engine of a push mower. The cost of oil change materials (oil and filter) can be about $5 to $15.
- Air Filter: The air filter needs to be replaced or cleaned regularly to ensure proper air intake for the engine. The cost of a new air filter can be approximately $5 to $15.
- Spark Plug: Replacing the spark plug on a push mower is recommended every season or year. The cost of a new spark plug can range from $2 to $10.
- Fuel: Push mowers typically run on gasoline, so the cost of fuel will depend on current gas prices and how frequently the mower is used.
- Miscellaneous: Other maintenance costs may include lubricating moving parts, cleaning or replacing the fuel filter, and general upkeep. These costs are usually minimal, ranging from a few dollars to $20 or so.
Overall, the annual cost of maintaining a push mower can vary but is typically in the range of $50 to $200, depending on the level of maintenance required and any additional repairs or replacements needed.
How much does a push mower with a bagging feature cost?
The cost of a push mower with a bagging feature can vary greatly depending on the brand, quality, and features. On average, a basic push mower with a bagging feature can cost anywhere from $150 to $300. However, more advanced models with additional features such as self-propelled capability or larger cutting widths can cost upwards of $500 or more.